On September 9th, 2009, JSC RusHydro’s Board of Directors held a meeting (conducted in person) to discuss measures to eliminate the consequences of the accident in the turbine room at the Company’s Sayano-Shushenskaya HPP, which occurred on August 17th, 2009.
RusHydro’s Board of Directors has taken note of information about material assistance payments in the amount of 100,000,000 roubles, which were approved by a resolution of the Board on August 21st, 2009. The Board has also noted information about job placement support and social protection offered to family members of the deceased and missing, as well as the collection of voluntary contributions.
In addition, the Company’s Board of Directors has approved an additional transfer by the Company in a sum not to exceed 85,000,000 rubles to be used to eliminate social consequences of the Sayano-Shushenskaya accident, including payments to victims and family members of the deceased and missing. In 2009, the Company plans to pay out 55.5 million rubles.
As of September 7th, 2009, 78,703,328 rubles had been distributed for the following uses:
- 2,384,950 rubles – to 70 families of the deceased for funeral expenses (a payment of 38, 170 rubles to each affected family);
- 4,318,378 rubles – to 75 families of the deceased and missing in the amount of two monthly salaries for the deceased or missing worker;
- 72,000,000 rubles – to 72 families of the deceased and missing (a payment of 1,000,000 rubles to each family).
In addition, as of September 7th, 2009, an additional need has arisen for the following payments to be made to the victims and family members of deceased and missing workers
1. non-governmental pension provisions for the parents of deceased and missing workers;
2. additional grants to family members of the deceased (missing) who are studying for the first time or who are starting studies at Russian elementary, secondary and occupational educational institutions;
3. additional lump-sum payment to purchase housing for orphans of the deceased (missing) and for pregnant spouses of the deceased (missing), as well as for families of the deceased (missing) with underage or disabled children;
4. distribution of lump-sum payments in the amount of one annual salary of the deceased for each non-able bodied family member that was fully dependent on the deceased employee or received assistance for the deceased and for the pregnant spouses of the deceased;
5. acquisition of two ambulances with medical equipment (within the framework of providing charitable assistance at the request of the Republic of Khakassia’s Ministry of Health);
6. material assistance to the Cheryomushki Secondary School No. 1 to set up a skateboard court.