Moscow, December 29, 2004. At the annual general meeting (AGM) of shareholders held on December 27, 2004, Sibneft shareholders elected a new board of directors and decided several other issues related to the company’s operations.
Shareholders re-elected to the board of directors Sibneft president Eugene Shvidler, vice presidents Konstantin Potapov, Tatyana Breeva, and Yevgeny Poltarak, and Corporate Management Department head Vladimir Novikov, as well as independent directors Albert Gavrikov, managing director for strategic development at Aton Capital, and Ivan Tyryshkin, senior executive director at United Financial Group. Two new members were elected to the board: Sibneft vice president Mikhail Stavskiy and independent director Yevgeny Sklyarov, chairman of the Yamal Fund.
At the AGM, Sibneft shareholders also voted to:
- Approve the company’s annual report for 2003;
- Approve the company’s financial statement for 2003;
- Approve the distribution of profits and losses for 2003;
- Approve the new edition of Sibneft’s charter (articles of incorporation);
- Select Ernst & Young as the company’s auditor for 2004;
- Approve changes to the Regulation on the Board of Directors; and
- Reject a proposal to cut short the term of Sibneft president Eugene Shvidler.
In addition, AGM participants elected three nominees to the company’s Audit Commission.
Tel: +7 (095) 777-3116, 777-3182
Fax: +7 (095) 777-3114