On March 6, 2007, Rosneft’s Board of Directors held a meeting that confirmed the agenda for the Company’s annual general shareholders’ meeting, as well as the list of candidates to the Board of Directors due to be elected at the meeting. The Board also has discussed a number of interested-party transactions.
According to the agenda confirmed, the participants in the annual shareholders’ meeting will confirm Rosneft’s annual report for 2006, the financial statements (including a profit and loss statement) and profit distribution. The size, timeframe and method of dividend payments will also be confirmed. Shareholders are also scheduled to elect a new Board of Directors and an audit committee, as well as introduce amendments to the Company’s charter.
The Board of Directors confirmed the list of 11 candidates to the new Board.
Candidates nominated by Rosneftegaz (owner of a 75.16% stake in Rosneft):
- Kirill Androsov, Deputy Minister of Economic Development and Trade
- Sergey Bogdanchikov, President of Rosneft
- Andrey Kostin, Chairman of Vneshtorgbank
- Sergey Naryshkin, Deputy Prime Minister
- Alexander Nekipelov, Vice President of the Russian Academy of Sciences
- Gleb Nikitin, Head of the Russian Agency for the Management of Federal Property
- Andrey Reus, Deputy Minister of Industry and Energy
- Hans-Jorg Rudloff, Chairman of Barclays Capital
- Igor Sechin, Deputy Chief of Staff of the Presidential Executive Office and Aide to the President of Russia
Candidates nominated by YUKOS (owner of a 9.44% stake in Rosneft):
- Eduard Rebgun, YUKOS receiver
- Sergey Tregub, President of YUKOS RM
The Board of Directors nominated eight candidates to the audit committee, five from Rosneft and three from YUKOS.