Moscow, Russian Federation – Mobile TeleSystems OJSC (“MTS” or the “Company” – NYSE: MBT), the leading telecommunications provider in Russia and the CIS, announces the decisions reached at the Company’s Annual General Meeting of Shareholders (the “AGM”) held on June 25, 2013.
At the meeting, the following resolutions were adopted:
- To approve annual dividends of RUB 14.6 per ordinary MTS share (approximately RUB 29.2 per ADR) for the 2012 fiscal year, amounting to a total of RUB 30.2 billion1;
- To approve MTS OJSC Annual Report; MTS OJSC Annual Financial Statements, including MTS OJSC Profit & Loss Statement; distribution of profits and losses of MTS OJSC based on 2012FY results (including payment of dividends); to approve the distribution of profits and losses of the Company based on the full year 2012 results;
- To elect the following persons to the MTS Board of Directors:
- Mr. Anton Abugov, First Vice President, Member of the Management Board at Sistema JSFC;
- Mr. Michel Combes, independent director;
- Mr. Sergei Drozdov, Senior Vice President, Head of the Corporate Governance division, member of Management Board at Sistema JSFC;
- Mr. Andrei Dubovskov, President and Chief Executive Officer of MTS;
- Mr. Alexander Gorbunov, Executive Vice-President at Sistema JSFC;
- Mr. Thomas Holtrop, independent director;
- Mr. Stanley Miller, independent director;
- Mr. Vsevolod Rozanov, Senior Vice President, Chief Financial Officer, Member of the Management Board at Sistema JSFC;
- Mr. Ron Sommer, Chairman of the Board of Sistema Shyam TeleServices Ltd, Board Director of Munich Reinsurance and Tata Consultancy Services, and a member of the International Advisory Board of Blackstone Group;
- To approve CJSC Deloitte and Touche CIS as MTS’ auditor;
- To elect members of the Company’s Auditing Commission;
- To approve the amended and restated version of the Company’s Charter;
- To approve the amended and restated version of the Company’s General Shareholders Meeting Regulations;
- To approve the amended and restated version of the Company’s Management Board Regulations;
- To approve the amended and restated version of the Company’s President Regulations.
At a subsequent meeting of the new Board of Directors, Mr. Ron Sommer was reappointed as the Chairman and Mr. Anton Abugov was elected as the Deputy Chairman of the Board. Independent directors Messrs. Michel Combes, Thomas Holtrop and Stanley Miller were elected to the Company’s Audit Committee with Mr. Thomas Holtrop as the Chairman of the Audit Committee. Messrs. Michel Combes, Thomas Holtrop and Stanley Miller we elected to the Company’s Remuneration and Appointments Committee with Mr. Stanley Miller as the Chairman of the Remuneration and Appointments Committee.
Biographies of the new Members of the Board of Directors
Mr. Sergei Drozdov
Sergei Drozdov was born in 1970 in Archangelsk. He graduated from the S. Ordzhonikidze State Academy of Management in Economics in 1993. Mr. Drozdov was Head of the Administration for Financial Innovation and Marketing at the Moscow Property Fund from 1994 to 1995.
Mr. Drozdov has worked at Sistema since 1995. He managed the Department for Development and Investments from 1995 to 1998, and from 1998 and 2002 served as Vice President, Acting President and First Vice President of Sistema-Invest. He became Acting First Vice President and Head of the Department for Corporate property in May 2002. In September 2002, he was appointed Director and First Vice President of Sistema and Chief of the Property Complex. Since 2011, Sergei Drozdov serves as Senior Vice President, Head of the Corporate Governance division, Member of Management Board at Sistema JSFC.
* * *
For further information, please contact in Moscow:
Joshua B. Tulgan
Director, Corporate Finance & Investor Relations
Mobile TeleSystems OJSC
Tel: +7 495 223 2025
Learn more about MTS. Visit the official blog of the Investor Relations Department at www.mtsgsm.com/blog/
* * *
1 30,168,311,143 rubles